Foundation Certificate – Project Management
Business & Project Administration
Foundation Certificate in Business & Project Administration
Students will learn about the fundamental principles of business and be introduced to the business and project management discipline during this online foundation certificate in project management program.
Throughout the course, a structured approach is used, allowing students to develop their competencies in the specific business area and specific discipline under consideration. The primary goal of the course is for the student to demonstrate mastery in the business discipline throughout their time there in order for them to be a valuable asset to any project in which they are involved.
This course will teach you about the business mindset, the distinctions between managers and managers, performance and motivation, ethics and values, social responsibility, attitudes, culture, and emotions.
You will also learn about organizational structures and managing cultural differences, group and team effectiveness, operations and financial management, competitive advantage strategies, human resource management, value chain management, and sustainable development management, among other things.
Foundation Certificate in Project Management
The course furthermore provides an overview of Introduction to project management concepts and terminology; project requirement identification; project lifecycles; the project manager and his/her team; forms of project organization; project communication and document control Estimation, costing, and planning and control include project planning, scheduling, and schedule control, as well as resource considerations and allocations, cost planning, and performance evaluation, and resource considerations and allocations. Risk management, procurement, human resources, quality, communication, stakeholder relations, and integration management are among the topics covered.
General foundation certificate skills in business and project management are significant for anyone who wishes to have an impact on their company’s performance.
Project Business & Administration
(BBCTPM) Foundation Certificate – Project Management
(BBCTBA) Foundation Certificate – Business & Project Administration
(BACTPM) Basic Certification (with exemptions)
Compulsory Pre-Exam Course
See notes below regarding certification
Exam & Certification
Apply for ISO Certified Qualification
The curriculum sets the foundation of essential business management using the critical elements of project management.
Key elements of the course include:
- Overview of Project Management
- Scope & Work Breakdown Structures
- Planning and Scheduling
- Cost & Budget Control
- Introduction to earned value management (EVM)
- Importance of Procurement
- Project Environment & Legislation
- Monitoring & Control
- Resource Management
Obtain a top-tier position in one of the following industries:
- Banking and Finance
- Oil and Gas
- Information Technology
- Property Development
- and other related fields are included (Too Many To List).
Jobs in the project management discipline are increasing as a result of the expansion of industries.
- Age: Minimum age 16 years
- Transcripts:All documents need to be certified / notarized. All non-English documents must have a certified and evaluated English translation attached to the application.
- English level: See note.
- One passport-size photo.
- Passport copy / national ID card certified / notarized.
- Our PCiBS English teacher will teach you English in our live online Learning Management System (LMS) while studying at PCiBS. If you use our English teacher, no TOEFL / IELTS or equivalent scores are needed. English enrollment is required at the same time.
All PCiBS’ programs are conducted in English and all correspondence will be in English.
(BBCTPM) Foundation Certificate – Project Management
Specialization and Subject Details
Project Business & Administration
|MGT-160 Fundamentals of Project Management|
|PCM-151 Introduction into Planning|
|PCM-152 Introduction into Costing|
|SCM-142 Procurement & Contracting|
Year 1 – Foundation
|PPE-190 Project Portfolio of Evidence I|
|BUS-200 Business Communication & Report Writing|
Talent Match Report
A personal competency assessment will be performed on each student during the first few weeks of the program.
A feedback report with the various competencies is issued to assist the students in identifying their own strengths and development potential. Here is a list of some of the items: Behavioural Styles; Abilities and Skills; Emotional Intelligence; and Growth Potential.
About the model: These INTERNATIONAL competencies are developed using an existing framework as developed by JG Sassenberg.
The development report outlines what actions could be considered to improve behavioural competence and what candidates might want to develop further. The appropriateness of each piece of advice will differ for each individual and will to some extent depend on your job and the opportunities and resources available. We assist each candidate through this process.
It is recommended that you initially look at both your personal strengths and development areas as part of your personal development strategy. In some cases, there might be no strengths or developmental behaviours identified. Then you could identify the behaviours that would be to the greatest benefit to your development in your current work context.
Students will identify their competencies with our Individual Development Planning (IDP) tool.
These competencies will be peer reviewed by a subject matter expert.
Competencies are also identified, allocated and updated (3 times) ongoing over the duration of the program.
Coaching and Mentoring
Individuals will be prepared for a real-life interview process. Practicing for interviews forms part of our intensive active learning process and assists candidates to be ready for any question that comes their way.
** After completing the exam (successfully), you can apply for one of the credentials shown in the table below. You will receive a certificate once you fulfil all the requirements related to the selected credential.
Certified ISO – Provisional Project Manager
Certified ISO – Project Manager
Two years of professional experience and One Year of work experience in project management
Certified ISO – Lead Project Manager
Five years of professional experience and Two years of work experience in project management
Certified ISO – Senior Lead Project Manager
Ten years of professional experience and Seven years of work experience in project management
Required Study Hours
Applied according to the program
Signing the Code of Ethics
COMPULSORY Pre-EXAM Course
## To receive an international certification, students must take the mandatory one-week pre-exam course. Once students pass the exam, they will receive an international certificate from our partner, an accredited Canadian Institution.
- Introduction project management
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and project management methodologies
- Fundamental concepts and principles of project management
- Project governance h Project organization and roles
- Prerequisites for formalizing project management
- Integrated project management practices
- Pre-project activities
- Initiating a project
- Overseeing and directing a project
- Controlling a project and managing the delivery thereof
- Closing or terminating a project and post-project activities
- Management practices for a project
- Project planning and quality management
- Scope management
- Benefit(s) management and change control
- Schedule and cost management
- Resource management and procurement
- Risk and issues management
- Management practices for a project (cont’d)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Communication management
- Project reporting
- Information and documentation management
- Lessons learned
- Closing of the training course
- Certification Exam***
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- PCiBS will provide training material of over 400 pages of information and practical examples.
- PCiBS will issue an attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits to participants who have attended the training course.
- *** In case of exam failure, the candidate can retake the certification exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.
Examination Duration: 3 hours
The “ISO Certified Project Manager” exam meets the PCiBS Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements.
It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of project management
Domain 2 Integrated project management practices
Domain 3 Individual management practices for a project
Programs at PCiBS / ELU (ErnestLehman.University)
Four(4) levels of education.
THE LEVELS of MASTERCLASSES EDUCATION
- BASIC CERTIFICATE
- FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA
Four (4) leves of education.
THE LEVELS of EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
- EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE
- EXECUTIVE DIPLOMA
- EXECUTIVE PROFESSIONAL
- EXECUTIVE EXPERT