Our Training Methodology
TRAINING (GAP) ANALYSIS
How And What We Teach
All PCiBS programs and courses using pedagogical development principles laid down by the Global Education Departments. PCiBS has explored all the requirements worldwide and has implemented a truly global approved educational practice with all our programs and courses.
Didactic & Interactive instruction
PCiBS uses didactic instruction for participant absorption and is passive as it requires little interactivity. Didactic instruction requires participants to read, listen, or observe and is generally used to convey fact-based information or procedures.
PCiBS uses interactive learning tools (such as a quiz or discussion) to increase overall engagement with the course content. It also gives better participant reflection, increased engagement; increased knowledge retention; and increased motivation.
Collaborative instruction is interactive because the very act of working with other people involves interaction.
Synchronous & Asynchronous Modes of Teaching
The PCiBS courses are synchronous, and learning takes place in real-time (for example, a live lecture, tutorial, or presentation). Students who use other modes of study use the asynchronous learning method, which occurs after the fact, with a time delay (for example, the use of a previously recorded video or lecture as a learning material). There are a vast number of tools employed in the PCiBS Learning Management System (LMS) that applies the correct methods of teaching in the Online Higher Education environment. PCiBS is proud to be one of the front runners in providing well designed and developed Online Degrees and Online certifications in Project Management and Project Controls.
Online University Education and Online College Education.
PCiBS has applied and conformed to all the requirements for higher education accreditation as per the Online University Education and Online College Education principles. PCiBS developed all courses according to the global research we performed to comply with the most credible authorities that PCiBS has identified under accreditation.
WHY CHOOSE PCiBS UNIVERSITY
When you join PCiBS University
- You embark on a journey that will pave the way for your continued success while you maintain your current obligations.
- You become a member of a valuable community that draws attention to your unique qualities and assists you in developing them in a positive manner.
- The university staff welcomes you and is committed to assisting you as you become acquainted with the arrangements and requirements in place.
- You are instructed by qualified instructors who are enthusiastic about their subject matter, are willing to work closely with you, and provide guidance throughout a course.
As you study with us:
- You develop critical and creative thinking skills that enhance your decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Mastering best practices that demonstrate the ability to lead and manage organizational change prepares you for leadership roles.
- You connect with a global community and broaden your perspectives by sharing and debating relevant topics.
- You gain a solid understanding of effective management techniques that aid in the planning and managing a dynamic environment.
As you graduate:
- You will gain confidence in your abilities as you add to your list of credentials and make yourself highly competitive in the workplace as you near graduation.
- You will develop the ability to adapt to multiple challenges and collaborate with multiple parties to reach a consensus.
- You will join our alumni network comprised of students from around the world, as well as our expanding professional network.
- You will have added to your list of accomplishments and demonstrated your ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
|Presentation||Role play exercises||Discussion forums|
|Videos||Project (active)||Group projects|
|Case Studies||Videos with interaction|
|Live tutorials / discussions|
Finding a new job or hiring someone is always strewn with problems and issues. There is a lot of anticipation for both the employer and the employee and can be stressful, challenging, and demanding at times. The foremost reason is a misunderstanding of what the job description entails precisely. Most jobs are not exactly what one expects, but through a practical training and individual development program (IDP), employers can educate employees to embark on new skill acquisition to comply with the prescribed and assigned duties of their roles.
Random training sessions are not effective at all and do not work. For any corporate training or individual training to be successful, a Training Need Analysis (TNA) or Training Gap Analysis (TGA) or otherwise called an Assessment is imperative.
What Does a Training Needs/Gap Analysis Imply?
It is the analysis of a training need to close the skills gap between the existing competencies/capabilities of the employees and the competencies/capability required by the employer. Some questions need answering before we analyze the training needs of an organization.
Training Needs or Gap Analysis are conducted by Organizations to Identify the performance gaps of employees, meet expected job responsibilities by upskilling employees, and drive business objectives through performance.
Training Delivery Mode Selection
PCiBS will deliver training in the form of:
- Online training
- Classroom training (Optional)
- On-the-job training (part of coaching)
- University program
- Blended learning
- Mentoring and coaching
Why Do You Need A Training Program?
PCiBS provides a training program to teach the right knowledge and competencies to an employee to promote work efficiency by enhancing their skills. PCiBS provides an online skills gap analysis tool to ensure that adequate training for each student. Our online tool offers insights into various methodologies of the training approach for prospective students.
The Performance Needs / Gap Analysis
The performance gap identifies the difference between the required performance and the actual performance of the individual.
The performance gap analysis is imperative to conduct training that aligns with the skills required for the job, or to bridge the prevailing performance gap among employees.
This type of education measures skills and learning rather than time. PCiBS students’ will progress through courses when they can prove they’ve mastered the material and not only at the end of a semester or term. Some students can learn faster, spend more time on schoolwork, or utilize the knowledge they have from prior learnings. For these students to accelerate, we have various modes of study. With 24/7/365 access to online learning resources, students can embark on a tailored educational journey according to where their knowledge and competencies currently are. An online self-assessment is performed by each potential student, before his engagement as a student with PCiBS. Besides, faculty members and lecturers will provide personalized learning support.
It doesn’t matter what obstacles and challenges you face, PCiBS will put in charge of your education. The following items are crucial to putting YOU into the driver’s seat of your studies.
- It’s individualized: Because every student is different, we believe the learning experience for our students should be built around you, not PCiBS.
- It’s efficient: You focus on learning the material that’s new to you. We assist in some topics where you need a bit of a refresher and follow on through subjects you know well. If you are competent, you are qualified! We don’t waste your time.
- It’s supportive: You have a whole team around you to assist you in making a success of your studies, from our faculty, lecturers, staff, and your fellow students.
- It’s flexible: Study when and where it works best for you. PCiBS LMS resources are anywhere wifi is.
PCiBS is about real-world results as we are providing you an outstanding return on the investment you have made on your studies.
- Mastering competencies: PCiBS has defined and allocated competencies in the skills and knowledge acquisition process. Corporations and employers recognize the PCiBS competency-based approach and use it as the basis for advancement and promotions.
- There’s proof: A degree from PCiBS informs your employers that you are a proven expert or master in specific topics and will be an invaluable addition to their team. You earned your degree by demonstrating through active learning that you have mastered the competencies corporations are looking for in an employee.
- The return on Investment: A qualification from PCiBS will give you a positive return on your investment within the first 4 to 7 months after you have started work.
- Increased Income: A degree from PCiBS informs your employers that you are a master in your discipline, and this means that you will be able to increase your income through promotion or advancement in your specific subject.
Courses and assignments have specific competencies assigned to them to measure skills in a Linkert scale that runs from Novice, Basic, Proficient, Practitioner, Master, Expert, Innovator. The range runs from 1 through to 6. Here are a few sample competencies that PCiBS will apply with all its courses.
|B-DT-100-18||Conceptualize||Conceptualize ideas holistically, logically, and creatively.|
|B-DT-110-18||Recognize perspectives||Demonstrate awareness of multiple perspectives.|
|B-DT-111-18||Grasp historical or cultural context||Understand how thinking relates to historical and cultural contexts.|
|B-DT-112-18||Articulate key points||Articulate the salient points of any idea.|
|B-DT-113-18||Identify questions at issue||Identify the questions at issue.|
|B-DT-120-18||Identify perceptions||Identify perceptions, assumptions and biases in any point of view.|
|B-DT-121-18||Distinguish objective vs. subjective reactions||Distinguish between critical thought and subjective reaction.|
|B-DT-122-18||Assess claims||Assess claims and conclusions in relation to points of view.|
|B-DT-123-18||Evaluate inferences||Evaluate inferences in thought.|
|B-DT-130-18||Apply logic to issues||Apply logical thought to theoretical and practical issues.|
|B-DT-131-18||Summarize an argument||Summarize an argument’s main claim(s) and conclusion(s).|